In developing the strategic plan, Colorado State Parks will also use the public comments to clarify constituent needs and improve services and programs. The strategic plan will be finalized in late summer 2010. Scheduled meeting locations include:
• Fort Collins/Loveland: Thursday, March 11, 2010, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Harmony Library, 4616 South Shields, Fort Collins.
• Metro Denver Area: Tuesday, March 16, 2010, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the American Mountaineering Center, 710 10th St., Golden.
• Pueblo: Tuesday, March 23, 2010, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Marriott, 110 West 1st St.
• Colorado Springs: Wednesday, March 24, 2010, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Clarion, 314 West Bijou St.
• Grand Junction: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Courtyard Marriott, 765 Horizon Drive.
All meetings are free and open to the public—there is no need to RSVP. For more information, visit our website at www.colorado.gov/parks and click the heading “Have Say in How You’ll Play.” Or, call Scott Babcock, Colorado State Parks’ Planning Manager, at (303) 866-3203, ext. 4306.
Attracting nearly 12 million visitors per year, Colorado's 42 State Parks are a vital cornerstone of Colorado's economy and quality of life. Colorado State Parks encompass 224,531 land and water acres, offering some of the best outdoor recreation destinations in the state. Colorado State Park is a leader in providing opportunities for outdoor recreation, protecting the state's favorite landscapes, teaching generations about nature and partnering with communities. Colorado State Parks also manage more than 4,000 campsites, and 57 cabins and yurts. For more information on Colorado State Parks or to purchase an annual pass online, visit www.colorado.gov/parks.